setting a minimum to pass a quiz

setting a minimum to pass a quiz

by michelle gustafson -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am helping out a friend adding quizzes to their moodle.  They are wanting to set the quizzes so students have to a have a minimum of 80% correct to pass but they can take the quiz as many times as need to get an 80%.  How do I set this in moodle?  I see where you set a maximum grade but not a minimum?

Thank you.

Michelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to michelle gustafson

Re: setting a minimum to pass a quiz

by Alejandro Ramirez -

I have the very same need: I can set the quiz to remain open for any number of attempts, but I'd need it 'closed' for the student once it has a min. grade.

Is it possible, or is there any other solution or task to get this behavior?

In reply to Alejandro Ramirez

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The simplest solution is just to tell your students "Attempt the quiz until you get a score of X%" (may be in the introduction). Most students have a life outside your classroom, so they won't do any more than they have to. But if a student really wants to re-do the test more often than you think is necessary, what is the problem - that they might learn 'too much'? wink
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alejandro Ramirez -

That's exactly my POV, but not the one in my customer's eyes, where they'd like to avoid re-tests... I guess I will need to hack a bit the code, geez...

Thanks, though. guiño