Student Enrollment and Accounts Disappear

Student Enrollment and Accounts Disappear

by Edward Roche -
Number of replies: 1
We have upgraded to Moodle 1.8, PHP 5.2.1, MySQL 5.0 & Apache Server 2.2.4 and have implemented LDAP for authentication. We have seen a problem where student enrollments and account have been disappearing. I had the Unsubscribe users from courses after longtimenosee option under the Cleanup section set to 60 days and under courses settings the option for Enrollment Duration set to unlimited. I have seen in this forum a posting regarding the enrol_ldap_sync.php. It had something to do with creating enrollments and deleting enrollments. We don't use the auto enrollment\unenrollment option we just allow the student to enroll themselves but don't give them option to unenrol. My question is would this script cause enrollments and account to be deleted from Moodle? Does anyone have any other info regarding this script that they can share?

Thanks
Ed Roche

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Roche

Re: Student Enrollment and Accounts Disappear

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This script doesn't delete any accounts. It just performs enrolments/unenrolments. And it doesn't run unless you do it explicitly (by hand or as a cron job).

So if you are not running the script, the reasons for the disappearing enrolments and accounts must be elsewhere.

Saludos. Iñaki.