1.8 - problem moving topics around in course

1.8 - problem moving topics around in course

by jayne morgan -
Number of replies: 3

Since upgrading to 1.8, I have been having problems in moving topic sections around in the course using the 'moving cross'. I move topics around on the page (and they automatically renumber themselves etc), but when I come back to the course page later they have re-organised themselves - sometimes very arbitrarily.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way around it, to make topics stay where you want them on the page?

many thanks

jayne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jayne morgan

Re: 1.8 - problem moving topics around in course

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jayne,

Have you enabled Ajax in Administration > Miscellaneous > Experimental? If so, try disabling it.
In reply to Helen Foster

by J Handler -

I have the same problem.  We like the AJAx feature.  Other things seem to work much better with it.  We found that when you drag a topic if you only move it up or down one place at a top (i.e. I want to move a topic from spto 12 to 10.  I first need to drag it down to 11 then drag it down to 10).  It seems it still needs to work how it did withough the Ajax one place a at time.

Has anyone seen a fix to this?

In reply to jayne morgan

by Kathrin Gaißer -
I recognize this problem in moodle 1.9.3 as well. The difference is, that the admin is able to move the topics around, but the trainers are not. When a trainer tries to move the topics, they re-organise themselves exactly as you mention in your description. For this reason, the problem must be related to the role settings. But I can't imagine which setting is involved. Maybe there exists another reason.

Has someone find out, why the topics re-organise themselves?

Thank you in anticipation!

Kathrin