In the Define Roles page what do the up/down arrows do?

In the Define Roles page what do the up/down arrows do?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the Define Roles page you can change the ordering of roles by using the up and down arrows. But what does it actually achieve? I was hoping that it would affect the order of the Course Managers in the verbose course listings but it seems to make no difference.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: In the Define Roles page what do the up/down arrows do?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
To (possibly partially) answer my own question. I don't think they do anything.

IMHO, they *should* be reflected in the course listings page if you have more than one Course Manager selected but they are not. I've fixed that in CVS.

I guess that they may have some effect on brokering multiple role situations, but I'm much less sure about that.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: In the Define Roles page what do the up/down arrows do?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Howard,

Thanks for fixing MDL-10395. approve

I just learnt from Yu that role order also affects the user named on the 'you need an enrolment key from' page (see my comment in MDL-10585).