Automatic capital letters (not wanted)

Automatic capital letters (not wanted)

by Stig Bjarne Haugen -
Number of replies: 6

Hi! I experience a problem with my glossary entries. If I define the term "Journal" with a capital "J" it translate every "journal" into "Journal" in my glossary entry where the term is defined. The same happends if I define the term with a small "j": Moodle automatically change all "Journal" into "journal" in this glossary entry. This doesn't affect the same word used ie. in resources or in other glossary entries.

This is annoying because in the norwegian language it's quite strict rules about when I can use a capitol or small letter.

Another problem is that I can't define a term like "add...", it gets linked as it was "add". This cause som problems in my local Moodle course where the glossary is one of the most important and powerful tools to explain and help.

Anyone know about a workaround?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stig Bjarne Haugen

Re: Automatic capital letters (not wanted)

by Bryan Williams -

Stig,

When you create a new entry in glossary you are given the option to make this term "case sensitive".  If you check this option and enter Journal, all occurances of word journal in your course will not be highlighted.  Not sure what you mean in latter part of question.  Are you putting periods after a word, if so, Moodle is ignoring them.  Moodle is rich in help, click ? button next to a feature when in doubt.

case 

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Stig Bjarne Haugen -

Thanks Bryan, but...

The case sensitive checkbox doesn't affect this, it only affect the autolinking outside the entry itself. The problem is inside the entry. In my glossary entry "Journal" the word "Journal isn't linked anyway. Still it changes the letters to capitalized or small (as it is in the concept field, see image below). If I change the concept field to "journal" (small "j") it changes all "Journal" to "journal" in the glossary entry. The Moodle in-built help doesn't say anything about thissad

Glossary entry

by Wendi Dunlap -
I ran into this as well. I just made all my glossary entries in lower-case, then tried to never start a sentence with the entry word while writing the glossary entry.

by Bryan Williams -

Not seeing this Stig, what version of Moodle are you running?

high

test

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Stig Bjarne Haugen -
The problem only occur when I use the concept word in the definition field. Example: If you write "highlight Highlight" in the highlight entry, both will get a small "h". But - at least now I know it's a bug... Thanks, all of you!