Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

by Michelle Thayer -
Number of replies: 11
My institution is currently looking into Moodle, however I need to know if it is compatible with Adobe Connect Pro and Live Meeting. My school already implements these programs into our online courses (WebCT). Would it work in Moodle?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Thayer

Re: Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

by Andreas Wittke -
Hello Michelle

sorry I can't show you a solution for this, but we are starting working on this, too.

I need a solution to integrate Adobe Connect into Moodle 1.8. The problems I see is the synchronisation of the two calendars and of course the authorisation.

If you have any hints on this, please send it or publish them.

Best regards
Andreas

Svar: Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Hi,
I am looking into this too, i.e. Moodle + Adobe Connect Professional. Any progress so far?
Kind regards, Jonas
In reply to Jonas Lagneryd

Re: Svar: Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

by Brian Mulligan -
Hi Jonas,

I'm araid that I can't help you but I'm wondering what type of integration you are looking for. We are using both these tools for our distance learners. They are not integrated but it does not seem to be a problem. We setup one virtual room for each module we teach and the link is always there for the students to click straight into. Admittedly we have to manually do that for each module and it would be nice if when we set up a module it might set up an Adobe room and the link automatically. It is also a bit tedious that everytime a lecturer records a lecture, they have to note down the URL of the recording and then go into Moodle and post it. Automating that would be nice. (we are sort of hoping that RSS might be useful there)

I suppose that I am unaware of the type of integration between CMSs and Synchronous systems that exists already. Does Moodle integrate with other synchronous systems? What sort of features does this sort of integration provide?

Brian
In reply to Brian Mulligan

Svar: Re: Svar: Adobe Connect Professional (aka Macromedia Breeze)

by Jonas Lagneryd -
Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, it is these minor manual steps that one would like to exclude via a seamless workflow. // Jonas
In reply to Brian Mulligan

by Michael Penney -
Does Moodle integrate with other synchronous systems?

Elluminate, Horizon Wimba, and DimDim (there is a rule that synchronous systems must have odd names) currently (that I know of). There are a few others in the pipeline.

What sort of features does this sort of integration provide?

Generally, the instructor adds a conference via "Add an activity" and that sets up the synchronous session--adds the users, sets the dates/times, sends an announcement to the class, and manages access to the archive - very similar to setting up a Moodle chat, for instance.

General reviews are - Elluminate has the best/easiest interface & most features, Horizon does the best at low bandwidth audio/landline support, and DimDim is FOSS.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Todd Thornton -

I'm not sure how much price is a concern particularly if someone is looking at Adobe Connect, but I just wanted to point out to everyone that DimDim now has a hosted version for $99 a year with up to 20 seats. For me, the support and planned additional features are well worth the money.

I would agree with Michael's general reviews, and while I don't know that I would currently recommend DimDim (Alpha/Beta Stage) if you delivered completely synchronous training, I believe even the hosted version is a very compelling value when compared to other alternatives for certain uses. I use it to periodically communicate with staff or for use with students in small informal training sessions. (Most of my actual training is asynchronous)

At 1/4th the cost of something like GotoMeeting and probably 1/20th the cost of Elluminate, for now I don't mind dealing with the lack of internal recording and a few other missing features which are in the works.  

Todd 

In reply to Todd Thornton

Re: DimDim 20 Seat Hosted Service

by Manish Verma -

I have been testing DimDim since long and I think it can make quality conferencing a commodity.

I am keen to know more about the 20 seat hosted version and was looking for someone using it.  Is it any different from the trial available at www1.dimdim.com?  Whiteboard needs a lot of improvement in the trial.  Recording is not there but can possibly be done by an external application till it comes to DimDim and hence is manageable.  A workaround for whiteboard would be to use Paintbrush for example and to use application sharing (I have tested it and it works well) but I want to keep bandwidth usage minimal for the students and I don't think this workaround fits that requirement.

In reply to Manish Verma

Re: DimDim 20 Seat Hosted Service

by Todd Thornton -

Manish,

I think it's the same as the trial only with support/20 seats as my address to my room is also at www1.dimdim.com. As I understand it, the internal recording may be coming out with the next update although there's a couple of different workarounds.

FYI- It looks like DimDim has just announced the BETA version and revamped their website to include a free hosted edition. http://www.dimdim.com/products/dimdim_editions.html 

I haven't tried the latest beta version yet, but the last Alpha version had some VISTA issues so you had to share your desktop instead of sharing an application. As I mentioned in my earlier post, you can expect a few glitches with a alpha/beta version, but it's more stable that you would expect beta software to be and they are improving it all the time. Once the white-board is improved and the other minor issues are solved, IMHO it will be a fantastic solution for almost anyone.

Todd 

Re: Adobe Connect Pro (aka Macromedia Breeze) and Moodle

by Terry Shane -

Refined Data Solutions (www.refineddata.com) has completed an extremely tight integration of Moodle (1.9+) with Adobe Connect Pro.

The two systems are so closely linked that users need never see the Adobe login screen again. The solution allows you to create simple tags with your meeting, recording or content name and all of the information on the resource including descriptions, meeting times, toll free numbers etc. are all pulled dynamically from the Adobe site.

Calendar events can be automatically created for your live meetings which will update as you need to make changes in your meetings.

Users are automatically authenticated and admitted to meetings or given access to content that they are entitled to view, all without ever having to leave Moodle or log in to the Adobe site.

Users can even get a listing of all meetings they are invited to attend in the next 15 days right from the Moodle Home page when they log in.

Plans are under way to add meeting Attendance tracking and Presenter slide view tracking at the Moodle user level for full activity logging and tracking of prerequisite participation in Connect events for your Moodle course completion.

For more information on how Connect Pro can be easily integrated with your Moodle site, contact Terry Shane at Refined Data. (email Sales at RefinedData dot com or call +1.416.464.3110 - Skype: terryshane)

In reply to Terry Shane

by Fernando Oliveira -
Picture of Plugin developers

Terry,

Can you be more upfront about what your company is offering here and how much it would cost?

Has anyone else managed to integrate Moodle with Connect Pro?

Thanks,

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Bruce Ellis -

I just purchased Adobe Acrobat Connect about a week ago and was asked about recording a webinar for later viewing. I noticed that in the documentation it says that it can be saved for offline viewing as an FLV file. I'm not a Moodle guru but that should make it easy to incorporate or at least allow you to convert from FLV to another format.

Here are details from Adobe's support site: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AcrobatConnectPro/7.5/Using/WS9C2F5D55-EC79-4dae-8006-44E03914DC01.html#WS20F14479-39A1-42e2-AF0A-F8C2F1AA9BE4

I'm hoping to do this in about 2 weeks so I'll be learning the details.