how to put double backslash prefix in media link?

how to put double backslash prefix in media link?

by Eric Squire -
Number of replies: 1

I'm creating cloze exercises and inserting links to media files which are located on a local server in our school (NOT the same server that hosts the moodle frame).

To work correctly, the links require a double backslash prefix (the path for our local server).  However when I create my cloze questions, each time I type in the backslashes into a link and save, the module converts them into forward slashes.  I've tried using the ascii code substitute for backslash, but that also gets replaced with a forward slash.

So the question is:  Is there any way to get the double backslash into my links?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Squire

Re: how to put double backslash prefix in media link?

by Eric Squire -

Some testing shows me that this phenomenon is not peculiar to the quiz module; it happens in all moodle http editor boxes. For example, I will type "link", then click on the link button, and then type \\testlink on the first line.   Here's what happens:

link  (i.e. the backslashes get replaced with: file colon double forward slash)

Anyhow, I am reposting this in the "General Problems" section, since it is not limited to quizzes...