Block creating guide?

Block creating guide?

by Chris Weber -
Number of replies: 9
Hello, the prospect of blocks in moodle intrigues me.  I would like to follow the work of current blocks and attempt to create my own.  Other than using current code as reference.  Are there any other tips, guides, or information that will help me.

I am a beginning PHP coder, that comfortable with programming languages just not with PHP yet.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Weber

Re: Block creating guide?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Chris,

perhaps this TEMPLATE block (in Moodle's CVS "contrib" dir) profusely commented by Jon Papaioannou can be a good start.

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Genner Cerna -
Is there a block for the frontpage?
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Simon Allison -

Hi Daniel,

To get the block to appear you need to go to the admin menu, well in 1.9 i just click on notifications under site administration. this will install the block in mdl_blocks.

Simon

In reply to Chris Weber

by Albert Onyango -

am trying to access the resource at this url but its failing to open. colud someone please email it to me i need to reference it in my college project (moodle SMS Module) http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/moodle/contrib/NEWBLOCK