probelm going to peer site

probelm going to peer site

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Number of replies: 3
Following the documentation at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Network, I have set up two Moodle instances to be peers of one another (via the Peer to Perr section). I successfully followed all the steps and the Network box on each server shows the remote Moodle instance. However when logged in to one Moodle instance and trying to access the other via the Network link I get the following error:

RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:ERROR 0:0:

If I click continue I get put into the login screen of the other instance, but am not logged in (nor did my account get autogenerated). A couple things to note....

1.) I am running Moodle 1.8 and Moodle 1.8.2 for my two instances on the same server.

2.) My Moodle 1.8 is using LDAP for authentication (I have imported all my users information via user feed file first). My Moodle 1.8.2 is simply using internal authentication (both have Moodle Network as an available auth source as well).

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

Re: probelm going to peer site

by Greg Rodenhiser -
UPdate:

I still have not gotten this to work. However, when I attempt to go from the Moodle 1.8.2 instance to the Moodle 1.8 instance I get the following error:

You do not have permission to begin a remote session.

On both systems I made sure by Authenticated Users role has the Moodle Roam permission enabled. So, it looks like somehow this permission is not being seen? I was able to share courses between the two Moodle's through the enrollment plugin, just my users cannot go to the other Moodle. I'd really appreciate any insight into why this is. Thanks!!

by Greg Rodenhiser -
FINAL UPDATE...

I got it!!! I had to have both Moodle's running v1.8.2. So, it seems like different Moodle versions cannot Moodle Network with each other?? That could make perring with other orgs difficult. Or maybe there's just a problem with 1.8.0?? Anyways, I got it working.

by Michael Harrison -

I too am trying to get this to work between two schools, with the exact same problem!

I have just updated both instances to 1.8.2+ but it still will not work.

Any thoughts anyone???