Sharing a course

Sharing a course

by Nuno Regadas -
Number of replies: 3
Hello moodlers,

i was wondering if you could help me out in the following question:
I want to create a course and assign to it (hypothetically) 60 teachers. Each of these teachers would be able to make changes in the given course, however, those changes wouldn't be visible for others. This means that if a teacher changes the course, adapting it to its needs, those changes made would only be visible for that specific teacher and for is students. I don't want to create the same number of courses as teachers, because that would mean work and work and more work.... mixed
I don't know if this is possible in Moodle 1.7 (the one I'm running) but for me this is a very important question. This may be possible as it is possible for a given person to have its own personal area..

Nuno Regadas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuno Regadas

Re: Sharing a course

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Nuno,

The easiest way is to create the course as a template. Add your 60 teachers as teachers in this course. Give them really fresh new course rooms and this information:

They can create an own copy of the template course using the import functionality in the new course room. Import- Course I taught in -> choose the template course and so on...

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Nuno Regadas -
Hi Ralf,

let me see if i understood what you told. I create my course and add my 60 teachers (could be 200, I don't know) to that course. No problem till here..
But to give them fresh course rooms, doesn't that mean that i have to create the same number of courses as the number of teachers? I would have to create 60 courses, one to each one of those teachers, wouldn't I?

Nuno Regadas
In reply to Nuno Regadas

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Yes, thats correct, because you like to give the teacher the option to change he course content and structure. If you enable that teacher can request courses, they self create the courses and the admin only unblock the new courses.