by Andreas Grabs -
Number of replies: 26
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

now the first stable version for 1.9 is ready (I'm hoping so wink).
Many thanks for your testing and all responses!

Here the last changes:
- now all functions in the lib.php are complete documented.
- all depricated function-calls are removed
- output is xhtml-conform
- excel-export now is possible with latin or utf8
- now the output respects the lang-setting "ltr" or "rtl"

You can download it here.

Cheers!
Andreas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: feedback: ready for 1.9

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Excellent work Andreas! I hope that the feedback module makes it into core.

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Andreas,

great work. Hope we see feedback ASAP in main moodle package,

Ralf

by Bug Catcher -
Great work Andreas.

Is it possible to add the
"unique answer for each question"
question type into your module?

It would be a great enhancement.

(Currently only the Questionnaire
module support this question
type. For more details, you can
refer to the thread at here)

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=71966

Keep up the great work. Thanks.

by Eric Schewe -
I'm clicking the 1.9 download link and it is getting me a beta copy (feedback_19_beta.zip). Is this the stable version misslabeled?
In reply to Eric Schewe

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Eric,

ups errötend. You are right. I just fixed it. Now you will find the right version.
Thank you for this info!

Andreas

by Martin Holden -
Can the latest 1.9 be simply installed over the 1.9 beta or is it best to uninstall the beta version first?

thanks
martin

In reply to Martin Holden

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Martin,

you can easily install the 1.9 over the 1.9-beta. One change on global roles you have to do:
  • go to the global role definition and set the permissions for the role "Authenticated user"
  • go to "View a feedbackmod" and "Complete a feedbackmod" set both to allow
This only is important if you use the feedback on the main-site as nonanonymous.

Andreas

by Rick Barnes -

Will this new version fix my problem.

I have set up a site wide feedback and have allowed pupils access using the feedback block from the home page and from one course.

When the pupils access the feedback they do not see any questions. The feedback opened on the 7th and closes on the 30th. SO I can't see any obvious mistakes in the set up.

I haven't mapped the feedback to any courses as I want all users to be able to complete it.

Rick.

In reply to Rick Barnes

by Andreas Grabs -

by Rick Barnes -
Thanks I have the feedback activity working but I can not see the analysis or download the results.
The excel file is created and it tells me how many results there are but there are no details.

Rick.

Attachment feedback.JPG
In reply to Rick Barnes

by Rick Barnes -
Here is the exported file.

All of teh other feedback activities that I created before I updated to 1.8.2 and the latest feedback downolad seem to be working properly
Rick
In reply to Rick Barnes

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Rick,

this behavior looks like a feedback with answers but where the questions were deleted. So the answers are without any value. Can it be so?

Andreas

by Rick Barnes -
Hi Andreas, I've been away on a course so I haven't had a chance to look into this before now. I checked teh results as soon as the pupils had submitted them in the lesson to see if it was working.

To make the feedback available I have had to move it off the home page (course) of moodle into it's own course with open enrolement. I used the initial feedback as a template but this didn't help so I eventually remade teh whole feedback activity.

Rick
In reply to Rick Barnes

by Rick Barnes -
ii am still getting the same problem though. I can see the individual responses but get no analysis or results exported to excel. the feedback was made from a template and I have tried to remake the feedback.
All I can try now is a new feedback in on of the courses where I have feedback working and see what happens. I have asked the moodle partner who host our moodle about some of the issues that you mentioned about server set up in a different discussion and this doesn't seem to be the problem here.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Andreas - I am starting to play with this latest version of feedback in 1.8+. I went to create a Captcha question and the count_of_nums language string seems to be missing in English (en_utf8). I'll let you know if I notice anything else. Peace - Anthony

Re: feedback: ready for 1.9 - excel export problem

by Martin Holden -
Hi Andreas,

trying out the feedback module - have come across a possible problem with the export to excel from the results analysis page.

Only part of the results seem to get exported i.e numeric values are but no text at all.

Am running a local install of moodle 1.8.1 (2007021510) on windows XP Apache 2.0.52.(win32) PHP4.39 & Mysql 4.1.22.

have tried Excel 2000 (9.0.2831 SR-1) & Open Office Calc 2.0.3 both give same result

I attach a copy the exported file + a copy of the data in table "feedback_item" (which I have exported direct from Mysql )
- if this is any help.

Regards

Martin

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Martin,

please have a look at the option "Excel encoding".
You will find this on Site Administration->Language->Language settings. Check out if there is set Unicode or Latin and try the other one.

Andreas
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Martin Holden -
Hi Andreas,

That did the trick.Was set as unicode - changed to latin and now it works.

Many thanks
Regards

Martin

回應: Re: feedback: ready for 1.9 - excel export problem

by 景東 王 -

Hi Andreas,
 When I exported feedback to excel ,I had a similar problem like "Martin Holden",the username and questions was not logged.
  If I change "Administration->Language->Language settings " to Latin,and it works.But my language is chinese,the the username and questions are chinese,the logged information
is wrong character,how can I resolve it?
Thank you very much.
Regards

Jing-Dong Wang

by Walter Schirmacher -
Excellent work.

I found a possible problem with the export/import functions. When I export the questions, and later import them, it works fine. If I go and add any questions, it adds a 1) next to the question.

The questions that I import are not being numbered - only those that I add after the fact.

Can the module be changed to that it numbers the questions, no matter where they came from?
In reply to Walter Schirmacher

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Walter,

sorry, but I do not understand you. Can you give me an example?
Thank you!

Andreas

Re: feedback: ready for 1.9 (possible bug)

by Martin Holden -
Hi Andreas,

I have been playing around with Feedback for a bit now ( together with the new Certificate module) & part of testing I have been doing trying to get the Certificate module (which allows dependent activities) to work has resulted in me deleting users and feedback forms and recreating new ones.

I think(?) there maybe a bug in the "show response" & "Analysis" view.

I currently have a course with a quiz, one feedback form - containing 1 question,3 certificates and 3 users (students - user one , user two & user three), a teacher and a nonediting teacher.

[previously the course had a quiz , a feedback form with 4 questions, four certificates and six users ( students) all of which I deleted and recreated - basically I am experimenting trying to get the certificate to be issued conditional on certain activities being completed eg. cert1 - quiz 70%, cert2 - feedback form , cert 3 quiz70% + feedback form etc ]

Each user is only allowed to complete the feedback form only once.

The question is a multiple choice single answer ( radio button) which basically asks "how difficult was the quiz ? ". There are 7 possible answers ranging from very easy to very difficult Each user gave a different answer as follows :
user 1(easy),
user 2( moderately difficult),
user 3( easy)

Now when the response tab is selected there is a mismatch between the numbers of users and answers given .

The "show response" tab view displays
Analysis ( submitted answers 8) - which is incorrect
non anonymous entries (8) -which is incorrect
underneath this only the three users are shown - which is correct
Anonymous entries (0) - which is correct

When I use "show response" for each user the response I see is correct i.e the question as answered only once

However when I go to the the "analysis" tab it shows:
submitted answers 8
and the answers for question is given as follows
fairly easy - 2(25%)
easy -4 (50%)
moderately difficult - 2(25%)

Is it possible for the data from the previous deleted users to still exist and it is being counted in the returns given or alternatively does the analysis include data from teachers/non editing teachers/administrators which are not being displayed as users.

(I think I may have used at least the nonediting teacher once to fill in the feedback form + may also have filled in the form when I first created it as adminstrator. )

Which tables & fields would I look at to try to see which users are being counted and what their responses were etc.

Regards

Martin

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Martin,

I think it is not a bug. I think the following:
- You used the feedback before.
- You didn't delete the responses but only the items.

If you want to start a new feedback it is important to a) create a new feedback or b) you delete all previously done responses.

If you have many responses the deleting can be easier if you create a template and use this template after the creation. Also you can export and re-import the question.
Note: The xml-import was a bit buggy at the last version of feedback. Please load the current version.

Andreas

by Martin Holden -
Thanks Andreas,

Yes I think that is probably the answer.

I did create a new feedback but did not realize I had to deleted the old responses first, I simply deleted the feedback instance from the course and then created a new one.

So what is the correct (best) way of deleting a feedback instance ?
(Do have to delete the entry from each user in turn via the buttons on the "show responses" page and then delete the feedback item from the course?

Or is there a better way using the sql tables direct - if so which table ?

If the former then it might be useful if there was a procedure/button to "Delete all entries prior to removing feedback form"

Secondly as I have got extra responses (for which there are no longer users - so no "delete entry" button - I have just done this and am left with 5 entries showing as still existing ) what is the best way to get rid of these responses ? (I presume this will have to be done directly in the sql tables).

Regards

Martin