Wnat teachers to only seeing grades from own group

Wnat teachers to only seeing grades from own group

by neil hamilton -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All

I found this in the faq area and it exactly explains the porblem that i am having

"How do I restrict a teacher to view only information about the groups that they are in?"
For Separate Groups mode, if a teacher has edit rights set to yes, then they can see all groups. If a teacher has edit rights set to no, then they can see only the groups of which they are a member.

Could someone clarify the answer as im not sure where to find the option suggested. Many Thanks!!!

PS Im using moodle 1.8 and when i go to download the grades in excel. They only show the grades for the specific teacher im logged in as and not the whole lot that is shown on the webpage

cheers

Neil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to neil hamilton

Re: Want teachers to only see grades from own group

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Neil,

The Groups FAQ that you mention was written for Moodle 1.6 i.e. prior to roles and capabilities (Moodle 1.7 onwards). In Moodle 1.6, teachers may either be teachers (with edit rights set to yes) or non-editing teachers (with edit rights set to no). Moodle 1.7 onwards includes these options as predefined roles.

In Moodle 1.7 onwards, I would expect that a user assigned the predefined role of teacher to be able to download all grades. Is this what you have tried?