Problems with Glossary in course 1

Problems with Glossary in course 1

autor Mark Berthelemy -
Počet odpovedí: 4
Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with the glossary module. I've created a Glossary in course 1 (ie. on the home page). I've noticed a number of problems with it:

1) When a user clicks on a linked item they get asked to login. I was hoping that glossaries in course 1 would be accessible even without logging in.

2) More serious - when the glossary window opens the breadcrumb trail at the top is: MRB Education -> MRB Education -> Glossaries -> Search (where MRB Education is the site name). I notice this doesn't happen with moodle.org - what am I doing wrong.

3) I've tried deleting the glossary from course 1 and created another one in a new course. Yet the linked items (created in the original glossary) are still pointing to the old glossary - and still bringing up the old glossary entries. I've looked in the database and the glossary entry for course 1 still exists in the mdl_course_modules table but I can't find it in the mdl_glossary table.

No major issues there - but it would be useful to know whether it's something I'm doing that causing this.

Cheers,

Mark
Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Mark Berthelemy

Re: Problems with Glossary in course 1

autor Jon Bolton -
Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Testers
Hi Mark, it look as though Martin has made some changes to one of the files in this module. The change log (2nd May 2004 at 10:13) is showing changes to showentry.php - listed as "Don't require login to site level glossary entries". The new zip file is at http://moodle.org/download.php/modules/glossary.zip

Hope this answers one of your questions at least.

This is only a guess - but the problem with Q3 may be the caching. The Glossary auto-linking filter (and all filters) have a variable for text cache lifetime. This can be altered in the Admin -> Filters screen (at yoursite/admin/filters.php).

V odpovedi na Jon Bolton

autor Mark Berthelemy -
Jon,

Thank you for that pointer - it's solved 2 of the 3 problems. I've still got glossary autolinks going to a glossary that I've deleted, but I can live with that.

Thanks again.

Mark
V odpovedi na Mark Berthelemy

autor Martin Dougiamas -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Moodle HQ Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Plugin developers Obrázok: Testers
Yes, I forgot to post here that the site-level problems had been fixed yesterday.

As Jon, says, the "hanging on" links are likely to be because of your filter caching.
V odpovedi na Martin Dougiamas

autor Mark Berthelemy -
Thanks Martin,

Everything seems to be working fine now. I discovered that it was a glossary within a course (id=10) that was being used to create dynalinks on the front page. When I got rid of that glossary all the dynalinks disappeared. What confused me was that the URL being displayed in the status bar, when I hovered on the dynalink, was using courseid=1. Zamyslený

Oh well, all sorted. And it's a fantastic function.

All the best,

Mark