My copy ( New module programed for Moodle 1.8+ )

My copy ( New module programed for Moodle 1.8+ )

by Àlex Vaqué Brull -
Number of replies: 11
MY COPY ( New module for Moodle 1.8+)
Mod by Moodle to do a user backup of all his posts, choices, files, ... Generate a HTML file.

example:
Moodle - Mycopy - new mod !

Description:

Hi there.

Sometimes, when students finish a course, they would like having a copy of all their work (comments, projects...). It could be useful for users making some kind of backup when they wanted to.

We create a tool which can do that, do you think it would be useful? The format of the file generated is HTML.

Thanks.

Documentation: ( IMPORTANT read it for using it!)

Well I have a patch that does this.
I have it for Moodle 1.8+

English:

To activate "MyCopy" we have to enter first like administrador,later in site administration, we enter into users/permissions/define roles we access to the roles of students. There we have to give permission to the students to see the reports (view report) in "core system" and to see the reports activity (see user activity reports) in "user".

Just by assigning this two permission a student could acces to make a copy of its own activites. Administrators and teachers could make copies of every student activities.

Catalan:
Per a activar hem d'entrar primer com administrador,llavors en site administration, entrem a users/permissions/define roles accedim al rol d'estudiant. Allà hem de donar permís a l'estudiant per veure els reports (view report) a "core system" i veure els activity reports (see user activity reports) a "user".

Només assignant aquests dos permisos els estudiants podran fer una copia de les seves activitats. Els administradors i professors podran accedir a les activitats de tots els estudiants.

Files:

2 opcions:

1 ) Use Patch
mycopy.patch

or
2) Only overwrite files in moodle

moodle/course/html_mycopy.php (new files)
moodle/course/mycopy.php (new files)
moodle/user/tabs.php
moodle/lang\en_utf8/moodle.php

Authors:

Marina Artigas Pérez and Àlex Vaqué Brull
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Àlex Vaqué Brull

Documentation: ( IMPORTANT read it for using it!)

by Àlex Vaqué Brull -

Documentation with images:

IMPORTANT !
TO ACTIVATE MY COPY IN USERS

FIRST
First

AND SECOND
foto_2.PNG
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: Documentation: ( IMPORTANT read it for using it!)

by Matt Campbell -
I really like the idea of 'My Copy', but I think the permissions are going to be a problem - if I give students the access you suggest, they are able to see activity reports and grades of other students in the course.

I think it would work if you created something like the parent role and gave it to the students on their own account, but changing the role settings like you show would not be advisable.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Àlex Vaqué Brull -
This problem is solved.
The students can see their activity reports only, with this PATCH MyCopy.
They can not see activity reports and grades of other students in the course.

Code added in TABS.PHP to solved this problem

add this code (@@ -164,18 +164,28 @@) in TABS.PHP
// add in logic to check course read report
+ $mainadmin = get_admin();
+ $teacher=get_teacher($course->id);
+
if ($USER->id == $user->id || $USER->id == $mainadmin->id || $USER->id == $teacher->id)
+ {
+ ..........

Thanks to help!
approve

by Marina Artigas Pérez -

As Alex has said this problem is solved, which means that it's not necessary to give permissions before using it! somriure

At the beginning we used to give permissions for mycopy, but then we changed the access and we forgot updating it on the roles settings! So thank you Matt for your comment because we had not realized of this mistake in our documentation! rialla

Thanks,
Marina

In reply to Marina Artigas Pérez

by Art Lader -
This sounds like it could be a very useful feature. Why not add it to the modules and plugins database?

-- Art
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Matt Campbell -
In mycopy.php, html_mycopy.php, and tabs.php, what do you think about replacing the

$mainadmin = get_admin();
$teacher=get_teacher($course->id);

if ($USER->id == $user->id || $USER->id == $mainadmin->id || $USER->id == $teacher->id)
{

with

if (has_capability('moodle/site:viewreports', $coursecontext) or ($course->showreports and $USER->id == $user->id) or has_capability('moodle/user:viewuseractivitiesreport', $personalcontext))
{

This way it is using the roles capabilities and (I think!) allows for other roles to be used with this module.

Thanks,
Matt

In reply to Matt Campbell

Thanks Matt, it's a great idea and we're going to replace it as soon as possible! somriure

Marina

MY COPY: Documentation (update)

MY COPY ( New module for Moodle 1.8+)
Mod for Moodle for doing a user backup of all his posts, choices, files, ... Generate a HTML file.

Description:

Sometimes, when students finish a course, they would like having a copy of all their work (comments, projects...). It could be useful for users making some kind of backup when they wanted to.

We have created a tool which can do that, the format of the file generated is HTML.

Documentation:

For Moodle 1.8+

English:

After using this patch or overwriting files in moodle, it will appear the new tab for each participant: My copy.

In My copy a student could access to make a copy of its own activities in html. Administrators and teachers could make copies of every student activities.

Catalan:

Després d'usar el patch o sobreescriure els fitxers a moodle, apareixerà la nova pestanya My copy.

A My copy els estudiants podran fer una copia en format html de les seves activitats. Els administradors i professors podran accedir a les activitats de tots els estudiants.

Files:

2 options:

1 ) Use Patch
mycopy.patch

or
2) Only overwrite files in moodle

moodle/course/html_mycopy.php (new files)
moodle/course/mycopy.php (new files)
moodle/user/tabs.php
moodle/lang\en_utf8/moodle.php

Authors:

Marina Artigas Pérez and Àlex Vaqué Brull

Attachment mycopy.PNG
In reply to Marina Artigas Pérez

Files for MY COPY v2.0

Here you have the update for My copy , where you don't have to give permissions (in the first one it was not covered at all).

This file corresponds to the last documentation. Sorry for the late post!

Marina