IE6 The Solution to My Problem

IE6 The Solution to My Problem

by Ian Moody -
Number of replies: 2

For the past day I have had problems using the editor sad  as although the frame appeared with the buttons, it did not display any text and would not let me enter any in the main box. I tried Netscape and did not even get the htmleditor just the plain text one. Tried all the forum lists and tried the suggestions to no avail.

After much playing the solution eventually lay in the fact that I use zonelabs and had selected the option to stop adverts including popup/popunder. When I turned this feature off the editor worked fine every time smile. I have since loaded the google toolbar which also includes a stop pop up feature, but this does not affect the htmleditor smile so I assume it must be the popunder feature in zonelabs.

I thought I would post the solution to my problem incase anyone else experienced it in future and has software blocking pop-unders.

Kind regards

Ian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Moody

Re: IE6 The Solution to My Problem

by Bryan Williams -

Ian,

Maybe this would have saved you some grief. You could have also done a Search for ZoneAlarm in the forums and found instant results.

In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: IE6 The Solution to My Problem

by Ian Moody -
smile Thanks Bryan. If I had only linked the problem with zonealarm  first time around I might just have done that and saved myself hours of time. Must admit I am very new to moodle, it's only my second week learning how great it is.

Who ever said said "What you don't know cant hurt you!" obviously didn't know what they were talking about wink

Thanks for the search tip I can see me making a lot of use of it over the coming months.

Ian