Delete submitted assignments?

Delete submitted assignments?

by Daniel Schimrik -
Number of replies: 2
Hello!

Is there any simple possibility to delete an assignment submitted by a student? In Moodle 1.8.1 I haven't found such a feature, but it would be really necessary to manage courses. This function should not only delete values in the database, it should also delete the uploaded files.

I thought about a functionality like you have in tests, where you can select one or more users and drop their results.

Backup and restore of a whole course is no real solution for me, and I won't suggest this to my teachers.
Reset a course is also no good solution, because only the entries in the database are deleted (or maybe hidden), but all uploaded files from assignments still exist.

Regards, Daniel
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Schimrik

Re: Delete submitted assignments?

by Steve Hyndman -

Sounds like you want to continue reusing a course with new students? So, what's the problem with just removing old students and enrolling new ones? The files will still be in moodle_data, but they will be invisible to the teacher since the students will not be enrolled. Every year or so the site admin could "clean off" all the old files if he/she needed the storage space. Just a thought...unless storage space is an issue.

Steve 

In reply to Steve Hyndman

Re: Delete submitted assignments?

by Daniel Schimrik -
Hello Steve!

Yes, I want to reuse all of my courses. Just removing old students is not a clean solution, because you get dead files and I as the admin has to find and delete them.

The second problem is that we have different time schedules in one course, some students are at the beginning, some in the middle and some at the end. So it would mean much work to find out what assignment files do I have to delete and what should not be deleted.

I'd like to have a solution like with tests, it's simple and it works fine.

Regards, Daniel