Improve functions of the resource module

Improve functions of the resource module

by Anh Nguyen -
Number of replies: 0
Hi everyone!

I'm student, I'm doing a project about the lesson subsystem for my graduation report. My duty is to find defects of modules involve in the lesson subsystem, and resource module is one of them.

Here is the problem. Assume that someone have a lesson resource in type of web-pages on the local machine, now he want to upload that resource into server, so there are two ways (in my opinion); first, we can use a specified program to pack those web-pages into a SCorm package and then upload it like a IMS package, but not every one have a program like that (we must pay for it, for example); second, we can upload pages manually, file by file, but if the number of those web-pages is so large, and there may be many other files (image, music, multimedia files...), manual uploading will become more complicated.

So, maybe we need another mechanism to do that, that is, we just upload the first pages of those web-pages, and the system (Moodle) will automatically upload all pages that have links to or from the first page (we need to solve some problem such as recursive links and never-end links). Maybe we also want to widen this mechanism for downloading resources too (for example, some person want to download all pages of a tutorial from some website for local use).

is that mechanism really necessary for Moode? I'll expect for your ideas. Thanks very much.
LC
Average of ratings: -