Creating sub-categories of quiz questions

Creating sub-categories of quiz questions

by Chris Jackson -
Number of replies: 0
I'm new to Moodle, so excuse me if I'm rehashing an old topic. We're migrating our courses from Blackboard 6 to Moodle, but I'm running into a workload issue when importing quiz pools.

As I understand it, when you import a quiz pool, you can choose to place the questions in the "default" category, or create your own category. In our case though, we need sub-categories.

For instance, we have a math course with 6 units, each with 4 Lessons. Each Lesson might have up to 6 quizzes. If we create a category for "Math", then we'd have up to 154 quiz pools with around 3200 questions. However, creating a separate category for each separate quiz doesn't work either. That wouldn't scale very well to multiple courses.

Is it possible to (maybe in version 1.3) to create sub-categories? I envision a system where you could create a Category (say Math) and then create a subcategory for Unit 1, a subcategory for Lesson 1 and so on. I don't know if my situation is unique, but I don't have any experience coding in PHP or with mySQL so I don't know how difficult this would be to implement.
Average of ratings: -