Moodle External Database ERROR

Moodle External Database ERROR

by Bil Nab -
Number of replies: 8

I have setup moodle v1.8+ and it worled correctly , I have connect moodle database with external database(Oracle DB) , when I login as astudent there is error appeare , THE ERROR IS

--------------------------------- The error -------------------------------------------

iugdbsrv1: Missing extension for native ( iugdbsrv1 is the database server name)

(oracle): SELECT * FROM student_web WHERE user_name = '129990631' AND user_password = '9786d91e129d1c16bbed55aaa2445c78'  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bil Nab

Re: Moodle External Database ERROR

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are we talking about enrolment plugins here? There's another forum for that smile

Have you got the PHP extensions set up to actually access Oracle? There's some info here:

http://uk.php.net/oci8
In reply to Howard Miller

by Bil Nab -
Please Can you Give me more details ......
In reply to Howard Miller

by Bil Nab -

I have installed moodle v1.8+ and it's contain the folder Moodle/PHP/ext that contain all the exstension classes .

I went to php.ini and activate this line ( extension=php_oci8.dll )

But the system is still appeare the same error

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iugdbsrv1: Missing extension for native
(oracle): SELECT * FROM student_web WHERE user_name = '119980631' AND user_password = '9786d91e129d1c16bbed55aaa2445c78'  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

So please comtinue to help me to solve this problem ( I will be very thankly for you )

In reply to Bil Nab

by Bil Nab -
It's OK , it working now
In reply to Bil Nab

by Aaron Henderson -
Could you explain how you fixed this for your system?
In reply to Aaron Henderson

by Oswaldo Gines -
Yes, could you explain how to resolve it please ?
In reply to Oswaldo Gines

by Oswaldo Gines -
Good thing this... Asking for solve his problems.. but no answer for solve us...
In reply to Oswaldo Gines

by Germán L. Rojas Muñoz -

I know the problem, I'm in Moodle 2.5, but the problem was the same, the solution is change the DB type from oracle to oci8.