Sorting Database Auth Messages

Sorting Database Auth Messages

от Howard Miller -
Количество ответов: 0
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Documentation writers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Peer reviewers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers
Some thoughts for comment about the messages that can appear when a student logs into a site using database auth about "courses skipped" and suchlike.

I'd like to propose a couple of options, but I'd also like to mention my situation which may not be unique. We have multiple Moodle's (one per faculty) but only one database. The database is therefore not even slightly authoritive for courses - there are many courses that will not be in the moodle site and that's ok. So, I really don't want to see those messages. I certainly don't want students to see them.

I'm thinking of fixing this along the lines of:
* Log the messages (to the log) and add some sort of interface to display them (like failed logins). However if every student logging in causes 100s of skipped courses logs (as we would here) that might not be good.
* Tie the messages to the debugging level and tidy up their appearance.

I am leaning towards the latter - any thoughts?