Relationship of questions to a course

Relationship of questions to a course

by Steve Ricketts -
Number of replies: 2

I'm trying to understand the relationship between a course and it's questions.  Each question has a unique id (id) and question type (qtype) that link to the question's answers and I've been able to understand that relationship.  What I don't understand is how the questions are linked to the course.

In order to link questions to a course, I would have expected to see either the course id in the mdl_questions table or an id to an "intermediate" assessment/exam/test table which in turn would contain the id of a course.  Since there is no course id in the mdl_questions table, I've got to assume there is an "intermediate" table somewhere that links to each question, but I can't find it anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how courses and questions link together?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ricketts

Re: Relationship of questions to a course

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Quiz_database_structure

The link is through the question_categories table.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Relationship of questions to a course

by Steve Ricketts -

Well, that was majorly stupid on my part.  I hadn't created the quiz... I'm obviously new to Moodle and didn't realized the quiz creation was tucked away in the "Add and Activity" pull-down.  Odd that the Questions are available in the Administration list but Quizzes are not.  Oh well... thanks a ton for answering my question.

Steve