No emails being sent out from Front Page Forum

No emails being sent out from Front Page Forum

by Firouz Anaraki -
Number of replies: 2
I have been using Moodle for about 2 years now since Moodle 1.3 was introduced. I have regularly upgraded to a new version when available. I use Moodle on Windows 2003 Server with Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL.

When I upgraded to Moodle 1.7 and now to Moodle 1.8, I see that when I (administrator), teachers, or students post on the Front Page forum (which I suppose intended for all Authenticated users) no emails are sent to all authenticated users, even though I have forced everyone to be subscribed. And CRON is working properly. In fact, emails are sent out to students from class forum but no email is sent out from front page forum which is very important for us. I just upgraded to Moodle 1.8.1 and I see the problem still exists. I am sure it was working up to Moodle 1.6.3 (before upgrading to 1.7).

Any help is highly appreciated as this problem is making me crazy. Thanks for all the help.

cheers,
Firouz Anaraki

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Firouz Anaraki

Re: No emails being sent out from Front Page Forum

by Firouz Anaraki -
OK, I am replying to my own question. It seems that we have to use Front Page function of the Administrative mode and assign the role of students to all those whom we wish to receive emails copies of the post on Front Page Forum. Then an email is generated and posted to all subscribed.

I wish emails could be sent out to all Authenticated Users rather than studenst. At front page we do not have student role but just authenticated users.

Firouz

In reply to Firouz Anaraki

Re: No emails being sent out from Front Page Forum

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Firouz,

Have you tried manually subscribing all users via the Show/edit current subscribers link?