Over zealous profanity filter

Over zealous profanity filter

av Matt Gibson -
Galle vástádusa: 5

Hi,

I've just turned on the rude word filter and have found it to be a bit of a pain. 'Peacock' gets the 'cock' bit blacked out for example. Is there any way to modify it so that it only blacks out complete words, rather than words within other words?

Matt

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Vástádussan geasa: Matt Gibson

Re: Over zealous profanity filter

av Joseph Rézeau -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators
Hi Matt,
See my answer here.
Joseph
Vástádussan geasa: Joseph Rézeau

av Matt Gibson -
You have a point there Joseph, I'm not too keen on censorship either. My aim was to try to reduce the incentive to mess about with the system by making it less fun to post swear words. Of course seeing as you can still read the original text by hovering over the blacked out bit, its not really censorship in its fullest sense.

Having a message sent to admins would be hugely useful and probably a great way of monitoring the communications, esp messaging for signs of bullying. In a school environment, that would be awesome.
Vástádussan geasa: Matt Gibson

av mandy honeyman -

I've just been caught out by this when loading up a multiple choice questionnaire base based on Charles Dickens' work.

stort smil Has amused my year 11's at least.

Mandy