Over zealous profanity filter

Over zealous profanity filter

von Matt Gibson -
Anzahl Antworten: 5

Hi,

I've just turned on the rude word filter and have found it to be a bit of a pain. 'Peacock' gets the 'cock' bit blacked out for example. Is there any way to modify it so that it only blacks out complete words, rather than words within other words?

Matt

Als Antwort auf Matt Gibson

Re: Over zealous profanity filter

von Joseph Rézeau -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers Nutzerbild von Translators
Hi Matt,
See my answer here.
Joseph
Als Antwort auf Joseph Rézeau

von Matt Gibson -
You have a point there Joseph, I'm not too keen on censorship either. My aim was to try to reduce the incentive to mess about with the system by making it less fun to post swear words. Of course seeing as you can still read the original text by hovering over the blacked out bit, its not really censorship in its fullest sense.

Having a message sent to admins would be hugely useful and probably a great way of monitoring the communications, esp messaging for signs of bullying. In a school environment, that would be awesome.

von Frankie Kam -
Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

Hi Matt

This is 3 years too late, but better very late than never. Heh.

Your problem has been solved here.

Frankie Kam

von mandy honeyman -

I've just been caught out by this when loading up a multiple choice questionnaire base based on Charles Dickens' work.

breit grinsend Has amused my year 11's at least.

Mandy