Automate CVS update and integrate with our own SVN server question

Re: Automate CVS update and integrate with our own SVN server question

by Dan Poltawski -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Wen,

I've looked at using Bazar, mostly just because it looks like a smaller learning curve than GIT and I just wanted a simple DSCM for tracking my changes ;) (But also we're looking at using it at work more).

Once nice side-effect of the Canonical ties with bazaar is that you can get Canonical to do the upstream tracking for you with launchpad.net ( https://launchpad.net/moodle/trunk ). ;)

Unfortunately the bazaar import is failing - I had a very helpful conversation with the one of the launchpad import admins a few weeks ago trying to get to the bottom of this problem. It turns out to be a stray file named \ in the CVS repo. I've opened MDLSITE-199 to see if we can look at removing this from the CVS repository as a quick (selfish) win[1]. But also there is a bazaar bug open for it here.

Anyway - long story short - I haven't actually used bazaar yet so have no useful information to add to the DSCM debate. :D

[1] but as I say in the bug, there may be other systems which have problems with that filename - and I would argue there isn't much to be lost by loosing that one bit of history ;)