Teacher Rating

Teacher Rating

by Valerie Williams -
Number of replies: 2

Hi! I've just discovered your very cool program and am extremely excited about adding it to my site! However, it looks like my usage will be a bit difference than most of your other examples.

I run a website for a large, worldwide historical re-creation group called the Society for Creative Anachronism ("SCA") which researches and recreates the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. I will be using Moodle to allow various people in the SCA to offer classes on subjects they have researched.  As such, I don't have a pre-set, 100% reliable teacher base.

Consequently, I'd love to be able to have the students rate the teachers after the class re: skill, knowledge, responsiveness, etc. so that I can weed out the not so good ones. Is there any function for something like this? Or any chance of one in a future version? 

Regardless, this looks like an awesome program and I'm thrilled to have found it! Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valerie Williams

Re: Teacher Rating

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Creating new surveys currently requires a bit of hacking, but eventually there will be a nice GUI for this.

In the meantime, the existing 'COLLES' survey should go some way to helping you understand the effectiveness of the class (with graphs etc). You could also use the 'choice' module to conduct polls on specific questions.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Teacher Rating

by Valerie Williams -

Great! I hadn't thought of using those that way, that oughta do it! Thanks again.