NWiki release for Moodle 1.8

NWiki release for Moodle 1.8

by Jordi Piguillem -
Number of replies: 14
Hi all,

there is a new NWiki release avaliable in our Home Site.
http://morfeo.upc.es/crom/mod/resource/view.php?id=214

Thanks for you feedback, it is helping us very much to improve our wiki.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

Re: NWiki release for Moodle 1.8

by John Ryan -
Pigui,

Just donwloaded and installed on a 1.8 test server.

Set up a wiki as a template -no problem.

However, when I created a new wiki and set it to use the template I only got a blank page after I clicked the Save Changes button.

John
In reply to John Ryan

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi john...
can you send me the template file you're using?
Maybe we can find out more.

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Let's remember this version milestones.
Cheers and let's cross fingers guys... the big ones are testing the thing wink
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Stuart Anderson -
Hi DfWiki team,

Great work. I love the timeline idea. I've being going through an re-testing old bugs that I found and generally trying to break the nwiki for you wink. I also can't seem to get the templates to work. After I select my template file in the settings and click continue, sometimes I end up with an empty nwiki editor page, some times I get taken to "http://localhost/course/modedit.php" and a blank browser page.

I've found a few bugs/problems with the timeline feature. Do you want these bugs going straight into the bug tracker or shall I explain them here so that others can more easily comment on them too?

Finally, could someone go throught the NWikiMarkupReference page to bring it up to date as it looks a bit corrupted at the moment. That will help the community with testing too. I would help you out by doing it for you if I could, but I can't be sure exactly what markup you have coded for.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you during the moodle HQ evaluation of the wiki! Thanks for your your efforts for the current release.

--Stuart.
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

preciselly the templates engine is what is using the php 5 features... so maybe this is the bug with templates .... we'll see tomorow whith the php 4 proof version ...(john what version are you using?, maybe this is the answer)  

so far, crom's lair is running nwiki for moodle 1.7 ( I'm not upgrading my site until the end of the course tímido... that's why the reference page does not look specially neat. Try to copy and paste the wiki content to your installation and tell me how it goes...

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by John Ryan -
Ludo

I'm using php 5.1.6, mysql 5.0.27, Apache 2.2.4 on Fedora core 6 with Moodle1.8 + (2007021505)

Hope that helps

John
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

about bugs and the tracker... we can do both things... to discuss it here and raise the bugs in the tracker with a link to the thread. Assing it to 1.9 (I never know when bugs in the tracker are about nwiki or wki... now versions should help us. )

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
New version don't support PHP 4.x! Because you use "private", "protected" in classes.
Is this necessary?

Just remember that Moodle is support PHP 4.x!
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

oh yeah is necessary to mess things up... somebody got excited with php 5 features and pigui and I missed it. We are changing this already ....

In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Dmitry,

Oops!! I know. Yesterday, I changed all of them by "var" and now, NWiki is installing correctly and working fine. NWiki2007061102 is avaliable.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by John Ryan -
I've just tried viewing the Wiki using IE6 and found that the timeline does not show -I just get a blank page. IE reports a javascript error at line 95 char 13 "Object doesn't support this property or method". The error is in wikitimeline.php.

I use firefox myself but many of my colleagues still use IE.

John

by James Rudd -
Hi, I've just downloaded and installed the latest N Wiki for 1.8, wiki_1.8_rev2007061102

After the install I've found a number of bugs and I'm not too sure where to post them:

Wiki Filter: This prevents page from loading unless Wiki filter disabled.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wiki_get_course_wikis() in /srv/htdocs/mood/mod/wiki/filter.php on line 38

Appears in Recent Activity
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /srv/htdocs/mood/mod/wiki/timeline/wikitimelinecron.php on line 173

Wiki to PDF: When click on Administration Wiki to PDF
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/htdocs/mood/mod/wiki/wikitopdf.php on line 1065

Some converted wikis appear showing html tags:

<

p align="center">Please browse to your unit and add a link to your page by editing the page and enclosing your group name in square brackets. Then add your report to your group page.

<

p align="left">==========================================================================================

<

p align="left">How to add your info:

<

p align="left">When you click the link to your topic, click the EDIT tab on the top of the page to get to the HTML editor. Then input your name, making sure to encase them in square brackets "?". e.g. Joe Bloggs. After that, click SAVE to save the changes which will lead you back to your topic page.

<