Front page activities

Front page activities

by Artem Andreev -
Number of replies: 3
I've upgraded to 1.8 from 1.6 and have problem: front page choice does not contain old results. More precisely, activity contain number of results, but page with results contain nothing. As far as I understand I must assign manually role Student for all users for Front page. Without this I will have problems practically with all activities on front page... 1.6 had setting: all registered users autoenrol as student for front page. 1.8 haven't this feature???

P.S. "Default role for all users" autoassign role in system context. Description contain phrase "All logged in users will be given the capabilities of the role you specify here, at the site level". Site level = system context? Or something wrong?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Artem Andreev

Re: Front page activities

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Artem,

Regarding the default role for all users, the phrase "at the site level" means in every course, including the front page course.

If you have several front page activities, then I would agree with you that assigning users the front page role of student is the best thing to do.

Another option would be to set up some front page role overrides for the Authenticated user role, such as the override for viewing forum discussions described in docs.moodle.org/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_1.8.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Front page activities

by Artem Andreev -
Thank`s for your answer. But manually assign students for Front page... sad Front page role overrides for the Authenticated user role does not solve all problems...
Created improvement request bug 10256