Maximum size of text/web page resources

Maximum size of text/web page resources

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Does anything other than (php.ini) post_max_size setting restrict the maximum size of a text (or web page) resource.

I have had some vague reports of users being unable to post very large documents, although as our posr_max_size is 16MB that would be one hell of a document!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Maximum size of text/web page resources

by Tammy Moore -
I popped in here with the same question. I am trying to create a scope and sequence which needs many tables. I entered 27 tables in all, but only 20 were there after I saved. I re-entered a few tables and tested it again and the tables/data was stripped off again. I then experimented with adding some test data into a few of the empty cells and saved. When I opened it back up, the last cells in the last table went blank.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Maximum size of text/web page resources

by A. T. Wyatt -
I have been operating under the assumption that the limit for things that are directly stored in the database is 64K (this is a database limitation, not Moodle). A webpage resource would fall under this limitation, and probably the assignment description or forum entry as well. So if I have anything very complicated, I generally upload it as a file and then link to it.

Are your people trying to link to a file, or enter the information with the moodle html editor?

You might look at this discussion:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=15226

atw