Single Sign On with TYPO3: do web services for adding users exist?

Single Sign On with TYPO3: do web services for adding users exist?

by Tobias Krais -
Number of replies: 2
Hi together,

I am quite new in using moodle. One of my first tasks was to implement a Single Sign On (SSO) module for TYPO 3. I found such a module on www.single-signon.com. This works perfectly with Moodle 1.5.2... but thats too outdated for me.

Now I would like to adapt this SSO Adapter to new Moodle versions. Rather than doing a bad hack that might not work in future Moodle Versions I would like to implement something stable, something based on a Web Service or a stable API.

So I need your help. Can you tell me whether there is a Web Service or API exisiting which I can use to create new users or to update user information? Is there also something where I can find out the version of moodle?

Please help me in this matter. May be you can even redirect me to a place where I can start reading or digging for more information. Or you have even an Code example perferably in PHP.

Greetings, Tobias
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobias Krais

Re: Single Sign On with TYPO3: do web services for adding users exist?

by Tobias Krais -
Hi together again,

now I found a solution. I had to include the moodlelib.php. There I can find a method for creating a user.

Greetings, Tobias
In reply to Tobias Krais

Re: Single Sign On with TYPO3: do web services for adding users exist?

by Ger Tielemans -
Can you tell us more about your solution: I want to connect typo3 with 1.6.x (and next year with 1.9)