Just now, I've sent to CVS the first try to make inter-activity links work across backup & restore.
At this time, every link to Forums:
- Course list of forums page
- Discussion (by moduleid and by forumid)
- Discussion with relative post (parent and anchor)
are encoded in a "special" form at backup time.
Then, in the restore process, a new step ("decodinginternallinks", sorry, not translated yet) is executed. It will decode all the links to forums (specified above), from:
- Forum posts
- Resources text (not uploaded resources, only db fields!!)
Obviously it would be very interesting your collaboration in three areas:
- Testing. I've done some test but in a reduced set of reduced courses.
- Proposing more places where we can found links to forums to be decoded.
- Proposing more activities to be encoded in backup and where to decode them in restore.
To be able to decode links, they must be encoded first. This means that only backup files generated from now (2004042400), could be restored applying the decode system. Old backup files will work without any conversion (ie, as usual).
Please, test, propose and ciao