Online notebook?

Online notebook?

by Marc Dastous -
Number of replies: 4

Alright, this semester I have been experimenting using a Journal as an online notebook.  It has worked pretty well, but here are a few functionalities I would like to implement:

1. It would be much more convenient if the students could open the journal as a separate, always on top, window.  Then they could take notes and view the materials at the same time.
  2. As part of this feature, I envision a toggle icon that can be added to each Format so that students can access the information in their notebook at the click of a button.
  3. Also, letting the instructor disable the icon during testing periods, if so desired.
  4. Having the notes exportable in a Rich Text Format or PDF.

The goal is to develop a completely paperless classroom.

Any feedback?

Marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Dastous

Re: Online notebook?

by Tom Murdock -
In the meanwhile, your students could

1) right click on the journal link and have a second window.
3) hide the journal with the "eye" toggle during testing periods.

-Tom
In reply to Marc Dastous

by W Page -
Hi Marc!

Check out the following "BookMark / Note" script by Williams Castillo
Private bookmarks, thoughts and files
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3125

This script may address what you are tying to do or could be a code jump off point to develope the code function you are looking for.

Interesting idea.  The students could then DL the notes at home.  Maybe a Mod for "Class Notes" which would be different from the Journal mod? smile

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Ger Tielemans -

Yes, I still wonder why bookmarks does not get a place in 1.3.
It is a very interesting tool in the perspectiv of "students in control of their own learning."(SC)

I am thinking more and more to let the left-uppercorner become the personalbox for the user in all his courses:

• edit your profile
  • maintain your bookmarks
  • maintain your personal wiki
  • store your journals
  • keep your privat bookshelf

Are candidates for this personalbox.
On top of this box my wish from another thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=6068