Forum grade/dates don't work?

Forum grade/dates don't work?

by Jay Pfaffman -
Number of replies: 2
I often have students post to a forum as an assignment. I'd like for these assignments to show up in the calendar. In Moodle 1.8 there's a block for grading forums and a date range. When I check the date range and submit, the dates are never accepted. When I look again the date checkbox is unchecked and the dates greyed out.

My other solution would be to use Course calendar events to point out things that were due. This seems like a good solution, but auto-linking doesn't work in calendar events, so I'd have to link the things by hand and then re-link them next semester.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Pfaffman

Re: Forum grade/dates don't work?

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Jay!
I have also forgone the forum ratings and instead used an offline assignment. This appears in the calendar and allows me to do some fancy calculations that ratings can't provide.

Just a work-around. . .
atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: Forum grade/dates don't work?

by Jay Pfaffman -
This is true (and what I've been doing), but I'd like not to have two separate activities for each activity. OTOH, it does allow me to have two assignments for one forum. Maybe I'll go back to doing it that way.

I'm still looking for an easy way to change due-dates of assignments when a new semester starts.

Thanks.