highlighted words/parts of words

highlighted words/parts of words

cecile pinot írta időpontban
Válaszok szám: 4

I hope this has not been discussed already - my apologies if it has, I  haven't found the thread... We have an entry about pronouns in a glossary, and the word "me" is among the synonymous terms. The problem is that every occurrence of "me", including within a word, get highlighted... so that for "problème", the last two letters of the word are highlighted... I tried to modify this by putting a space before the sequence hoping that only "SPACE+me" would be taken into account, but the synonyms section doesn't seem take spaces... this happens only in the synonymous terms section, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks a lot

Cécile

Értékelések átlaga: -
Válasz erre: cecile pinot

Re: highlighted words/parts of words

Martin Dougiamas írta időpontban
Kép Kép Kép Kép Kép Kép
In the glossary entry editing screen, there is a checkbox "Match whole words only", which you should enable.
Válasz erre: Martin Dougiamas

cecile pinot írta időpontban

Thanks a lot for your answer Martin. I changed the entry, however it seems that messages that were sent before I made this change are still wrongly highlighted (not too serious but I got a bit confused while checking).

Thanks again

Cécile 

Válasz erre: Martin Dougiamas

Ne Nashev írta időpontban
There are non-english charester before 'me' in that sample word. May be "whole word only" mechanizm hav a bug?
Válasz erre: Ne Nashev

Petr Skoda írta időpontban
Kép Kép Kép Kép
IMO present autolinking mechanism in glossary is not suitable for nonascii characters.

There are two highlighting mechanisms in Moodle: in weblib.php/highlight and in mod/glossary/filtr.php/glossary_link_concepts. It is not easy to fix, because PHP's internal functions do not care much about national characters. szomorú

skodak