highlighted words/parts of words

highlighted words/parts of words

cecile pinot གིས-
Number of replies: 4

I hope this has not been discussed already - my apologies if it has, I  haven't found the thread... We have an entry about pronouns in a glossary, and the word "me" is among the synonymous terms. The problem is that every occurrence of "me", including within a word, get highlighted... so that for "problème", the last two letters of the word are highlighted... I tried to modify this by putting a space before the sequence hoping that only "SPACE+me" would be taken into account, but the synonyms section doesn't seem take spaces... this happens only in the synonymous terms section, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks a lot

Cécile

དཔྱ་སྙོམས་ཀྱི་སྐུགས་ཚུ།: -
In reply to cecile pinot

Re: highlighted words/parts of words

Martin Dougiamas གིས-
Core developers གི་པར Documentation writers གི་པར Moodle HQ གི་པར Particularly helpful Moodlers གི་པར Plugin developers གི་པར Testers གི་པར
In the glossary entry editing screen, there is a checkbox "Match whole words only", which you should enable.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

cecile pinot གིས-

Thanks a lot for your answer Martin. I changed the entry, however it seems that messages that were sent before I made this change are still wrongly highlighted (not too serious but I got a bit confused while checking).

Thanks again

Cécile 

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Ne Nashev གིས-
There are non-english charester before 'me' in that sample word. May be "whole word only" mechanizm hav a bug?
In reply to Ne Nashev

Petr Skoda གིས-
Core developers གི་པར Documentation writers གི་པར Peer reviewers གི་པར Plugin developers གི་པར
IMO present autolinking mechanism in glossary is not suitable for nonascii characters.

There are two highlighting mechanisms in Moodle: in weblib.php/highlight and in mod/glossary/filtr.php/glossary_link_concepts. It is not easy to fix, because PHP's internal functions do not care much about national characters. སྐྱོ་བ།

skodak