Database created - then back to the start again

Database created - then back to the start again

by tim buckmaster -
Number of replies: 2
hi, i have the same problem as the last post , i am using Mandrake 10.00 and the latest version of Moodle with Apache 1.3. The database is populated successfully but it just goes back to the start again, have attached config.php, got to be something simple! with thanks tim
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim buckmaster

Re: Database created - then back to the start again

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle decides if your system is properly set up by trying to read the Course table in the database looking for category=0, which is the site information.

If this fails then you will see this effect. I would check that you have set up your database permissions properly. I would also inspect the database and make sure that Moodle really has set it up properly. The acid test is to connect the the database using the username/password that you specified for Moodle and check that you can see some sensible contents in the course table.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Database created - then back to the start again

by tim buckmaster -
Hi, yes when i checked the database had incorrect permissions, have corrected this and have it all up and running!  many thanks your help is much appreciated
with thanks  Tim