New evaluation addon

Re: New evaluation addon

by Juho Eloranta -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Page!

When you download and unzip the latest version you see that there are several files inside of that file (evaluation_addon.zip) Two of these are named "Moodlen evaluation system HELP EN.doc" and "Moodlen evaluation system HELP FI.doc" These are english and finnish manual for using and installing this evaluation addon.

There are four segments in that manual and last one contains step by step installation intructions for Moodle 1.2.1 and older and for Moodle 1.3 and newer.

So download the latest installation package and read "Moodlen evaluation system HELP EN.doc" If you are still having problem installing let me know.

Juho Eloranta
In reply to Juho Eloranta

by W Page -
Hi Juho,

I installed "Evaluation_Addon" in v1.3.2.

After I created an outside activity I then went to the "Grades" page noted by Number 1 in the image below.  After clicking on the form button I was taken to a page noted by Number 2 below.  You can see the error message in the upper left corner.
Unknown column 'mdl_log.teacher_id' in 'field list'

When I attempted to install the "mdl_log" table, I received an error that one already existed.  The following is the code in the "mySQL" file,

-- MySQL dump 9.10
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: moodle_evaluation
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version    4.0.17-nt

--
-- Table structure for table `mdl_log`
--

CREATE TABLE mdl_log (
  id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  time int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  course_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  teacher_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  action varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  student_id int(11) default '0',
  change_value varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  module int(11) default '0',
  ip varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

The "mdl_log" table that installs with the regular Moodle database installation is a bit different as noted in Number 3 in the image below.

Should the initially installed "mdl_log" table be deleted and the one in the "evaluation" package be installed in place of it.  I ask this because the "mdl_log" table in the "evaluation" package appears to have some additional fields.  On of the additional fields appears to be the one the script is looking for in Image Number 2.

What should I do??

WP1
Attachment eval_grades_prob_combo_01.gif
In reply to Juho Eloranta

by Richard Acosta -
Hi Juho!

It's the 2nd time that i'm installing your addon on Moodle 1.3.3 and i get the same message after i create the tables (in the same database of Moodle without replacing 'mdl_log'), copy the corresponding files to the blocks directory, the evaluation directory (moodle/evaluation), the lang directory and arrange the config_evaluation.php file.

When i want to create an evaluation an error message appears saying 'Lesson Record not found'. I have students in my course and also activities to test them. When i click continue the links drops me out of the course. And when i choose either 'correct evaluation' or 'show evaluation' i receive the same message (that is obvious) 'No modules to evaluate!'

Do you have an idea of what's going on and what the solution would be?

I would appreciate any suggestion,

Regards,

Richard
In reply to Richard Acosta

by Richard Acosta -
Mmm, when i try to create new evaluations in other courses that don't have any lessons but other activities that can be evaluated (quizzes for instance) a message appears saying 'no modules installed!'.  Does this addon only apply to lessons?

P.S. I found the error string 'Lesson Record not found' in moodle/mod/lesson/lib.php. I commented it but it still appears the message 'no modules installed!'