Turnitin assignment integration returns 115 error

Turnitin assignment integration returns 115 error

by Lee Traynor -
Number of replies: 4
On attempting to set up a turnitin assignment on moodle, I mostly get:
Moodle Integration Warning

Password is not between 6-12 characters

error: 115 (html as attachment)

Very occasionally it works (<1% of the time) which goes to show that the account number and password are correct and that the account is active. I have no problem accessing assignments already created.

Turnitin is claiming that the problem lies with moodle, although they produce no evidence of their claim. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Any assistance in pinpointing the problem appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Traynor

Re: Turnitin assignment integration returns 115 error

by Michael Tudor -

I'm fairly certain this is an easy fix, well it was for me. Took me ages to figure it out until I found ti worked for some courses and not others, the onyl difference between those courses settings was the enrollment key, so just make sure that the enrollment key is between 6 and 12 characters long.

Read this thread - http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=16306

I'll post it all here as well to make it easier for other people to find

I have a problem with this module, I'm running the latest version (1.0.2) but I'm getting a few weird results.

I keep getting this error message: Moodle Integration Warning: Password is not between 6-12 characters

Error

It all seems quite strange because:

- The ingration will work in one course but not in another course. It consistently will not work in one of my courses.

- Neither the teacher nor myself can get it to work, and we have both had passwords between 6 and 12 characters long in the course settings.

Out TurnItIn ID in the lib.php file is only 5 character long, but this should be okay.

Out TurnItIn Sharred key is 8 characters long.

We are using LDAP authentication from windows active directory so the username and password are passed through from here.

Is anyone else havning this problem?

And here's my fix

Well I got it fixed, kind of simple once I compared to the two courses settings one by one until I got it.

The enrollment key was to long.

So when it says "the password is to long" it actaully means "The enrollment key is to long"

Simple enough to fix, I'll just make sure all the courses enrolment key is only 12 characters long smile

In reply to Lee Traynor

by Claudia Palazzi -

Hello everybody!

you seem to have been able to install it, while I am still trying to do it. I got the plugin from my Turnitin update page, and the key, but it is not clear to me how to install a plugin manually, and I could not find it in this site. So I uploaded the plugin in the type folder of the assignement module, changed the assignement.php file as instructed in their manual, and the lib.php file too. But when I try to set an assignement I still see [turnitin] and no special Turnitin option. What am I doing wrong?

help would be extremely useful. My teachers are pressing to use it! Thanks

In reply to Claudia Palazzi

by laure pillet -
hello,

i am having the same problem concerning the installation of the plugin. i can not find any documentation and it is really not clear to me how to install it.
do you get some help ?
regards.

In reply to laure pillet

by David Wu -
Hi Laure,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. If you've downloaded the plugin from the Turnitin website, the documentation should be available in the same area where you downloaded the plugin, and the documentation will instruct you on how install and use the plugin.

If you can't find the documentation there, please check out this new link, where you can find the documentation and other information:

http://www.turnitin.com/static/integration_manuals_versions_moodle.html

If you still have problems installing the plugin - please let me know and I can try to help you with any part that you are having problems or confusion with.

Thanks,
Dave