LDAP User Lookup Settings problem in 1.8

LDAP User Lookup Settings problem in 1.8

by Van Howell -
Number of replies: 2

Has anyone using Moodle 1.8 notice the problem with the Member Attribute and the Member Attribute uses dn fields. If you put something in the Member Attribute field and then save it it disappears. If you put something in the Member Attribute uses dn field it shows up in the Member Attribute field after saving. If you save it again with the Member Attribute uses dn field empty the entry in Member Attribute disappears.

Probably needs to be reported as a bug if it hasn't already.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Van Howell

Re: LDAP User Lookup Settings problem in 1.8

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yup! Absolutely true. I don't use these field myself, but just checked them in a test setup I have at hand and you are right.

I'll have a look at it and try to track the bug down.

Ok, that was easy. There is a small bug in .../auth/ldap/config.html. At line 231 you have:

<input name="memberattribute" id="memberattribute_isdn" type="text" size="30" value="<?php echo $config->memberattribute_isdn?>" />

and you should change it to:

<input name="memberattribute_isdn" id="memberattribute_isdn" type="text" size="30" value="<?php echo $config->memberattribute_isdn?>" />

That should do it.

Saludos. Iñaki.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)