Moodle documentation: Moodle Services Status Page

Moodle documentation: Moodle Services Status Page

by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've been having trouble using the CVS mirror in Spain. Using Windows it is a bit of a challenge to change mirrors. Knowing that the service is temporarily down would be helpful but where does one look? I began thinking that it would be helpful if there were a similar page like on SourceForge that shows the current status of various aspects of the system for Moodle (including the CVS mirrors). It could be a first place to check to see if there are known problems with one of the Moodle services. Does anything like this exist? Would it be practical/useful to implement?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle Services Status Page

by Martín Langhoff -
MartinD talked recenlt of a mailing list, but perhaps you're onto something. A wikipage with status updates in a table...

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ups! This is the first notice I have about it. I'm the admin of the CVS mirror in Spain, so if you could tell me what kind of trouble you are having, I'll have a look into it.

Saludos. Iñaki.

Edit: It seems there has been an intermittent connectivity problem somewhere at the NOC affecting the subnet where the mirror is located[1]; I just administer the machine, but don't have any access to the NOC, so unless they notify me I can't even notice. I'm really sorry for this. Everything should be back to normal by now

[1] Oddly enough, the machine had normal connectivity to the outside (has kept syncing with SF as usual), it was some kind of input connections problem.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

the machine [...] has kept syncing with SF as usual.

Well, sort of. Given that SF CVS was out of order (see MartinD's post about it) it kept connecting and getting 'too many open files' all night long.

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Iñaki - Thanks for the update. Should the docs for CVS be updated with instructions for how and where to report problems to for each of the mirrors. I like Martin's idea about Nagios but am not sure what is involved in getting it setup. I may play with setting it up on our test server to learn more about it. Peace.

by Iñaki Arenaza -
I've just added contact information for our server. I've added a couple of email addresses, just in case the university one is unavailable (it uses the same line than the server itself).

Saludos. Iñaki.