Gradient.jpg

Gradient.jpg

by Charil Ferrell -
Number of replies: 7

As all can see from my last post, in order to change the heading color, or to put outlines around text boxes one needs only to change the "gradient.jpg" in the styles.php.  I posted the styles.php in my last post, and here I would like to share some of the gradients I have made with others.  Please feel free to use any of these if they are to your liking.

Anyone wishing to have a specific color for the gradient, let me know and I will gladly make one.

Attachment gradient7.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charil Ferrell

Re: Gradient.jpg

by Charil Ferrell -
gradient12.jpg
Attachment gradient12.jpg
In reply to Charil Ferrell

by N Hansen -
I just wanted to post a hint on gradients. While a 40 pixel wide gradient like the ones above gives you an idea of what the gradient looks like, it is actually unnecessary to make such a gradient any wider than 1 pixel, because it simply gets repeated over and over and will look no different from a wider one when deployed. This in a small way will save time in loading your page, as the file will be much smaller. In many cases, you can also convert it to a gif, which will also save on file size. You can crop the above gradients or any gradient down to 1 pixel in width. This is what I did with gradients I used in my website.
In reply to N Hansen

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Not quite true.   The file size difference is negligible, and the smaller image actually forces the browser to work harder (because the image is repeated thousands of times rather than tens of times ...