Alternate Login URL

Alternate Login URL

by Ji Ming -
Number of replies: 3

I've added a login URL in the "Alternate Login URL" section of our site. This page has the correct enbedded ink to our /login/index.php. When loging in the site is not directing to the URL page that was added. It's still going to the default moodle 1.7+ page. Did I miss a step here?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ji Ming

Re: Alternate Login URL

by Brad Mann -

James,

The alternate login URL feature changes the default login page, but it does not change the redirect page upon successful login, IIRC.  Do you mean that the login page you setup as the alternate is not being called, or do you mean that's it's not redirecting where you want it to? 

Brad

In reply to Brad Mann

by Ji Ming -

Thanks Tariq and Brad. I got it corrected with your help. Thanks a lot. I had to dig into the configuration to direct to the page. Once again....thanks.

James

In reply to Ji Ming

by Tariq Adel Al Ammadi -
James,

I too am not sure what you mean here, but if you wish users to be forwarded to certain page after they login then you should simply link to that certain page. If users are not authenticated then they will be prompted to enter their authentication details before being forwarded.

Also, you should probably not link directly to /login/index.php. I have experienced problems with this before when users can sometimes get recursively redirected back to the login page.

Hope that helps!