installation problems of latest moodle 1.8 on IIS 5.1

installation problems of latest moodle 1.8 on IIS 5.1

by Nirmal Isaac -
Number of replies: 3

I am unable to get thru' the install. my phpinfo() seems to work all right, but i keep getting this error message . my phpinfo() seems to work all right and i have given it below the error message. Can anybody help me on this.

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_exif.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_pdo_oci.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_pdo_oci8.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\ext\php_pdo_ibm.dll' - The specified module could not be 

phpinfo()

(Edited by Mauno Korpelainen / MDLSITE-369 - php info copied and pasted into attached text file - original submission Wednesday, 23 May 2007, 11:34 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nirmal Isaac

Re: installation problems of latest moodle 1.8 on IIS 5.1

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,
here's a thread on a Moodle forum where someone had the same error message:

The above page makes the following recommendation:
manually installing php and setting php as an isapi filter instead of running as a CGI

Also, I tried a Google search for this error and found:

The above page has the following recommendation:
The solution is to install PHP under IIS as an ISAPI module and not as a CGI processor.

Those pages seem to be giving the same advice. Does it mean anything to you?

cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Nirmal,
in case you need some help with installing PHP as an ISAPI module under IIS, here are a cople of links:

The instructions on the main PHP site seem rather short:

The following instructions seem better, although they are for IIS 6

Hope that get you started anyway smile
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Dennis Flynn -
I'll vouch for the Peterguy site... referenced it over several installs