Moodle community sites

Timo Reuhkala
Moodle documentation: Moodle course on how to use moodle?

I am starting a Moodle e-learning and need to teach few teacher to use Moodle. Is there any on-line course on "How to use Moodle" I need one course for teachers, one for Admin and one for Students.

It would be good if these kind of courses could be part of Moodle installation. It could work as an example of course and newcomers will learn how to use Moodle by doing the course.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mauno Korpelainen
Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle course on how to use moodle?
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

A good start:

http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=34
http://moodle.tokem.fi/

Terveisiä naapurista (Hyvinkäältä)

Mauno

here is my current college avatar
Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle course on how to use moodle?
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
I like this site, too. It has seperate instructions for the 3 different types of users, Admin, Teacher and Student. It is for Moodle 1.6 . The site has english versions of each type of instruction.

Timo Reuhkala
Re: Moodle course on how to use moodle?

Yes it is nice page (help page) but the instruction is made for web master or a technical person. I wish there was really like a Moodle course on this using social constructionist pedagogy principles to guide "how to use this system". Which is suitable for non technical users and motivates them to learn.

This page is a good help file but does not guide and motivate student to use Moodle.

It would be good to demonstrate the use of all modules and components of Moodle in this manner and give an example of a good elearning course done in social constructionist pedagogy spirit.

Picture of andy choo
Re: Re: Moodle course on how to use moodle?

Hi Timo,

I have some training contents in my Moodle Platform for training teachers, please feel free to email me if you are interested. I can create an account for you.

Regards,
Andy

Picture of Roni Link

I am the Administrative Assistant for WEU legal department and need to learn how to use Moodle, yesterday.

What is the best path for me to learn to upload coursework to Moodle?

Roni

link.roni@gmail.com

Picture of Robert Brenstein
Well, it depends on how much you know about content management systems and moodle in particular and what you need to do specifically.

I would suggest to fetch the free book about moodle for teachers from moodle.org. If you want to experiment, try things without worrying about anything going wrong, use the demo.moodle.net site.

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Hi Roni

I assume you are talking about using Moodle as a teacher.
wink

How about a book: https://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=7246 ?

P.S. Going through the list I noticed that lot of books are for Moodle 2.0. Aren't they outdated now?