Moodle documentation: Cannot access to the docs folder files

Moodle documentation: Cannot access to the docs folder files

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Translators
Hello,

We translated the files in Lang\He_utf8\docs in which there are around 23 file and some of them are now in the cvs of the Hebrew Language:  http://moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net/moodle/lang/he_utf8/docs/

The rest are in still in English (we paused the translation because we want to be sure how can we access them).

The icons (?) and (!) refer to other texts:  the exclamation mark icons are used for the MediaWiki Docs and the question mark icons are used for the help files.

But what about the lang/docs folder files (the 23 files which are in the Lang\He_utf8\docs folder on our local server) is there a way to access them through an icon? If not how can we get to see them through from moodle website? Or are they just HTML docs for inner that admins can access by accessing directly the

lang/he_uf8/docs folder? 

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: Moodle documentation: Cannot access to the docs folder files

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Miki,
I have been thinking about this on our own production site. I have a lot of questions myself and it is on my todo list.

However for starters, I would copy all the moodle\lang\en_utf8\help directory to moodle\lang\he_uf8\help, being sure not to replace the 23 files! Then let the student select their language preference or force them via admin settings. I am not sure if you have to change the admin block help path to switch it from the moodle.org files to your server files.

Todo. I wanted to test to see if both sets of help instructions on my server became the official help files for my site, when I changed the path. I hope the path is something like c:\moodle\lang not c:\moodle\lang\en_utf8\help .

Todo. Check MoodleDocs to see what it says about a second or third language in help files.

If you have already figured this out, please help me with a post.

Best Chris

Sounds to me like you want to alert the student if the help file is available in a different languages. I don't know.