Course creators and OpenLDAP, cannot create courses on Moodle neither on LDAP DIT.

Course creators and OpenLDAP, cannot create courses on Moodle neither on LDAP DIT.

by Lauro Costa G. borges -
Number of replies: 1

I'm using Moodle 1.7.2, authentication using OpenLDAP, works fine, course auto creation too, when I add courses on LDAP they show up on Moodle.

Now I set up a group on my LDAP tree to use the course creators feature, this way teachers won't have to use phpldapadmin or whatever to create courses.

These are my settings:

------------ admin/auth.php -----------------
- context to search for users:

ou=moodle02,ou=moodleusers,ou=pessoas,"..."

- course creators:

cn=grupoCriadores,ou=unidadeCriadores,ou=moodle02,ou=Cxyz,"..."

grupoCriadores is a posixGroup, and I added teachers to it, and these teachers are here ou=moodle02,ou=moodleusers,ou=pessoas,"..." too.

------------ admin/auth.php -----------------

------------ admin/enrol_config.php?enrol=ldap -
- context to search for course creators:

ou=unidadeCriadores,ou=moodle02,ou=Cxyz,"..."

in there I have a posixGroup with all users from "context to search for users" that are course creators listed as members. The membership attribute used is memberUid.
------------ admin/enrol_config.php?enrol=ldap -

the problem:

Users added to grupoCriadores cannot create courses on Moodle, they are listed on the role course creators for that course (I see them using the moodle admin password), but that is it. When I login as that user and try to access any course page, if the user is not previously added to the course, the message to enroll is shown. A course called "grupoCriadores" shows up on Moodle, no students, no teachers, just course creators: exactly those users I added.

I did not change roles specs (site wide) they are the same from default config.

What's wrong?

It seems to me that's easier to create LDAP users with permission to write to some parts of my LDAP tree and give that to course creators, so they use phpldapadmin or whatever to create courses.

I would like to set up on Moodle a way to keep a group of users that can, on Moodle, create a course and that would automatically be reflected on my LDAP tree, courses would be created there too.

thanks for you time,

lauro

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauro Costa G. borges

Re: Course creators and OpenLDAP, cannot create courses on Moodle neither on LDAP DIT.

by nuno bastos -

I'm with some difficulties in creating courses automatically. I wanted through the insertion of data in one it table share, that moodle was to this table and created courses, could to explain me as you made this?

thanks for you time...