Using another Wiki with Moodle

Using another Wiki with Moodle

by Jerry Jordan -
Number of replies: 0
Hello!

Here is my situation:

I have online courses with a Moodle installation and I also have another site where I am developing a wiki for my industry. I tried all the wikis I could find and decided that Wakka Wiki best met my users' needs. So, resource development is fully underway on the wiki site.

So, I have something like this:

www.mycoursesite.com/courses/ (Moodle installation)
www.mywikisite.com/wiki/ (Wiki installation)

What I would like to do is to be able to type something in Moodle like [D]WikiPage and get the wiki page on my wiki site to open up in another window. This way, my wiki resource site can be fully utilised by both those in my industry interested in this resource AND by my students.

I downloaded the module for quick links to Wikipedia and tried to change all references to the wikipedia URL to my wiki site, but no luck!

Ideally, I would simply like to add a filter to Moodle to reference pages on the wiki site, but if I can't figure this out, perhaps I could integrate Wakka Wiki into my Moodle install and then do regular cron jobs to pull the database from the wiki site into the Wakki Wiki instance integrated in Moodle? This seems the less ideal solution, but I would consider it.

Any suggestions, insights, etc. would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Jerry
Average of ratings: -