Different Classes of Teachers

Different Classes of Teachers

by Laurence Vanniekerk -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Martin

I am in the process of setting up my course. Much nicer than the Black-Board I am used to. One thing that would be a bonus is to have more than 1 level of teacher. It would be nice to give others some of the administration priviledges but not all. So that a 'tutor' could for instance set a quiz but not change other parts of the course. Can this be done at the moment.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laurence Vanniekerk

Re: Different Classes of Teachers

by Sean Keogh -
At the moment in moodle you can have users as students, teachers (who can modify and add to a course, but not create it or add/edit/delete users), and administrators.

I don't think there is anything else in there at the moment, certainly not any way to restrict what things a teacher can do with a course.
In reply to Laurence Vanniekerk

Re: Different Classes of Teachers

by Ray Kingdon -
I've just found "Tutors" on the teacher's front page of a course. This link lists the teachers and allows them to be listed in a particular order and to be given specific titles. It's only "cosmetic" as it does not give the teachers any more or any less privileges in the course but it's seen by the students when they list Participants. And as they say it's not the job you do, it's your TITLE that counts!