A beautiful video on teaching strategies

Re: A beautiful video on teaching strategies

by joydip chakladar -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Fredrick,

It focuses on very vital and important matters. I believe that we all have some positive memories from teachers from our childhood that follows us on the lifelong road. I have already mentioned the movie to some colleagues and I hope there will be an argument about it. In school there must be a space for the pupil to show his or hers unique personality. When the teacher in the movie listened to other teachers through notes she realized that her view was different from other teacher's views. One problem is maybe the isolation in the classroom. What happens if the pupil will not be seen as unique in the classroom by the teacher and the classmates? One solution is maybe to wider the space in school outside the classroom.

- Yes , I also agree with it.  As every individual  is different and unique the systems of delivering knowledge also should be unique. However I am also   trying to look at the things from a systems viewpoint and I am really wandering what is the way a  teacher can give personalised attention to learners and yet not comprimise of the efficency and scalability of the system.Other wise I feel that we could not come out with a teaching strategy which be thought implementable on institutionalised learning enviroment.

Widening the space in school outside the classroom would definitly have a better impact in psycological setup of the student .I still remember that I use to study

I will think of how I can use the movie in school. One possibility is maybe to discuss it and when we felt unique in our childhood and what it meant and affected us. This will maybe cause some reflection how we act in the meeting with pupils today. Pupils learn us very much every day if we are willing to se it.

Thats would be a great idea if we show  the movie to the students ( I have already done it for some students who are out for interns of managment batch in our college. )

I am posting some of thier remarks which they made after seeing the movie which could also help you to get an idea about the collective thought process ...

Yathart Goel PGDBM (2006-2008)
----------------

Hi Sir

the video was very nice
i need to watch such videos from time to time to have my feet firmly planted on the ground
it made me check myself and think that i should stay down to earth and not let success (he was the topper this time ) get into my head

thank you

-------------------

Bulan Pal PGDBM (2005-2007)

great video...other than the impact one can make in others life...one more conclusion we can draw...if we can reach to the root of any problem probability of overcoming it is extremely high..

----------------------------

I will look forward to taking part of what will be published in the forum before I use the movie in school.

I think it would be interesting to know also , other thoughts  over the teaching strategies implemented in this video.

Regards

Joydip