Bodington and Moodle

Bodington and Moodle

by colin fallows -
Number of replies: 2

My Sixth Form  College  currently has an installation of Bodington running under Linux with Apache and PostgreSQL which we have used for about 6 years. For a variety of reasons we are considering migrating to Moodle - new VP, lack of support, strength of Moodle within FE.

My IT technicians are much more comfortable and knowledgeable managing  MS based servers. What are the pros and cons to trying to migrate from our existing setup to an MS based Moodle setup . I doubt that my staff can face migrating file by file and page by page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to colin fallows

Re: Bodington and Moodle

by Michael Penney -
We mostly hired student assisstants to translate the content over from Blackboard to Moodle at Humboldt. This worked pretty well, taking on average 1.2 hours/course. We did have a converter application from SFSU that did about 50% of the work.

Can you extract the content from Bod's database and move it over? It might save time to find a SQL hacker who could automagically smile transform some of the data in first, then have your students go in an check/fix.
In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Bodington and Moodle

by Mikel Stous -
Is the SFSU tool an exporter from Blackboard, or is it an importer for Moodle?

My procedure with my test server is that I move the WebCT myfiles to the Moodle files area, then I "re-face" the course. We have a site-licence for Respondus so I can take care of the quizzes that way. I'm trying to ease faculty fears that porting content over will add to their workload.